What is a Makerspace?
The NRPL has THREE Makerspaces available to the public.
- The Build Guild has advanced machinery such as a 3D printer, CNC machine and Glowforge laser cutter/engraver.
Studio 2400 has musical instruments and recording equipment for bands, editing & podcasts, and digital preservation machines.
- Annex room (newly finished) contains a poster printer, Cricut die cutter machine, and large scale laminator.
- Make an appointment by clicking the link on the right!
What is the Build Guild?
The Build Guild has advanced machinery such as a Prusa 3D printer, Glowforge Laser printer and a Cricut Maker 3 machine.
What’s in the Build Guild?
- Cricut Maker 3 (This device helps with your DIY projects. It can cut stickers, greeting cards, and makes home décor or custom apparel.)
- Cricut Heat Press, Autopress, and Mini Press. (Helps with DIY projects if they require heat.)
- Glowforge Pro Laser Engraver and Cutter (NOTE: Use of personal materials is restricted.) Glowforge can engrave materials like leather, fabric, glass, coated metal, laptops, tablets, and more.
- Brother Embroidery Machine PE800 (NOTE: Use of personal thread is restricted.)
- Brother Sewing Machine CS6000i
- Canon Photo Printer
- Sawgrass sg500 Sublimation Printer
- HP Designjet T120 Poster Printer
- Large Scale Laminating Machine
- Small Scale Laminating Machine
- 3D Printing Pen (Allows you to draw with plastic and apply to most surfaces.)
- Prusa i3 mk3 3D printer
- Button Maker (Makes buttons sizes 1, 1.5, 2.25, 3, and 3.5)
- Cricut Designspace
- Glowforge Premium
Music Equipment (Microphones, sound mixing equipment, instruments)
Video Editing Software
Photo Editing Software
Cricut Design Space
When is the Build Guild open?
The Build Guild is open by appointment Monday through Thursday from 10 am to 5 pm! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Is there a fee to use the Build Guild?
The Build Guild is free to use! However, the library does offer materials to use in your projects at a low cost . In certain cases, patrons are restricted from bringing their own materials and must purchase library materials.
Are there any restrictions?
Children 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Ages 13 through 17 may use the Build Guild with parental approval. All patrons will need to sign a waiver to be allowed to use the Build Guild.